Inglés National Geographic Interactivo nivel Medio Básico - A1-A2
Curso gratis para: Trabajadores y Empresas
Modalidad de realización del curso: Online
Número de Horas: 180 Horas
Titulación: Diploma acreditativo con las horas del curso
Si eres trabajador en Régimen General, disfruta del curso a coste ceroInscripción
Mejorar las destrezas generales del Inglés a nivel oral y escrito.
Nota: Contenido en inglés y gramática en español
UNIT 1: People
- Unit Goals: Meet people, ask for and give personal information, describe different occupations, describe positive and negative parts of occupations
- Grammar: Review of present tense to be. Be + adjective (+ noun). Possessive adjectives
- Vocabulary: Occupations, countries, nationalities, descriptive adjectives
- Listening: Focused listening: Personal introductions
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Asking for and giving personal information. Contractions of be: - 'm, -'re, -'s
- Reading: "People from Around the World".
- Writing: Writing about people's occupations and nationalities
- Vídeo Journal: "The Last of the Woman Divers".
UNIT 2: Work, Rest and Play
- Unit Goals: Talk about a typical day, talk about free time, describe a special celebration or festival, describe daily life in different communities
- Grammar: Review: Simple present tense. Prepositions of time. Adverbs of frequency
- Vocabulary: Daily activities. Party words. Celebrations and festivals
- Listening: Focused listening: A radio celebrity interview
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Talking about daily schedules and free time. Verbs that end in -s
- Reading: TED TALKS "Eric Whitacre: A Virtual Choir 2,000 Voices Strong
- Writing: Writing a descriptive paragraph about daily routines. Writing strategy: World web
- Vídeo Journal: "Monkey Business".
UNIT 3: Going places
- Unit Goals: Identify possessions, ask for and give personal travel information, give travel advice, share special travel tips with others
- Grammar: Possession. Imperatives and should for advice
- Vocabulary: Travel preparations and stages. Ordinal numbers. Travel documents and money
- Listening: General listening: Conversations at travel destinations
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Giving personal information for travel forms. Rising intonation on lists
- Reading: "Smart Traveler: Writing:
- Writing travel tips
- Vídeo Journal: "Beagle Patrol".
UNIT 4: Food
- Unit Goals: Give a recipe, order a meal, talk about diets, discuss unusual foods
- Grammar: Count and non-count nouns: some and any. How much, how many with quantifiers: lots of, a few, a little
- Vocabulary: Food. Food groups. Diets
- Listening: General and focused listening: Ordering a meal in a restaurant
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Role- play: purchasing food at a supermarket. Reduced forms: Do you have...and Would you like...
- Reading: "Bugs as Food".
- Writing: Writing a recipe
- Vídeo Journal: "Dangerous dinner".
UNIT 5: Sports
- Unit Goals: Describe activities happening now, compare every day and present-time activities, talk about favourite sports, discuss adventures
- Grammar: Present continuous tense. Stative verbs
- Vocabulary: Doing sports. Present-time activities. Team sports and individual sports
- Listening: General and focused listening: Everyday activities vs. today's activities
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Talking about what people are doing now. Discussing favourite sports. Reduced form: What are you...
- Reading: TED TALKS "Lewis Pugh: My mind-shifting Everest swim".
- Writing: Writing an e-mail
- Vídeo Journal: "Cheese Rolling Races"
UNIT 6: Destinations
- Unit Goals: Discuss past vacations, exchange information about vacations, use was/were to describe a personal experience, describe a discovery from the past
- Grammar: Simple past tense. Simple past tense of to be
- Vocabulary: Travel activities. Emphatic adjectives
- Listening: General listening: A vacation
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Comparing vacations. Describing personal experiences. Sounds of -ed endings. Reading: "The Cradle of the Inca Empire".
- Writing: Writing a blog
- Vídeo Journal: "Machu Picchu".
UNIT 7: Communication
- Unit Goals: Talk about personal communication, exchange contact information, describe characteristics and qualities, compare different types of communication
- Grammar: Verbs with direct and indirect objects. Irregular past tense. Sensory verbs
- Vocabulary: Communication. Electronics. The senses
- Listening: Focused listening: A radio call- in program
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Asking for contact information. Describing sights, sounds and other sensations. The /b/ and /v/, /l/ and /r/ sounds
- Reading: TED TALKS "Diana Reiss, Peter Gabriel, Neil Gershenfeld, Vint Cerf: The Interspecies Internet? An Idea in Progress".
- Writing: Writing a text message. Make a list
- Vídeo Journal: "Wild Animal Trackers".
UNIT 8: Moving Forward
- Unit Goals: Talk about plans. Discuss long and short term plans. Make weather predictions. Discuss the future
- Grammar: Future tense: Be going to. Will for predictions and immediate decisions
- Vocabulary: Short and long term plans. Weather conditions. Weather-specific clothing
- Listening: General listening: A talk show
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Talking about weekend plans. Discussing the weather. Reduced form of going to. Reading: "Future Energy".
- Writing: Writing statements about the future
- Vídeo Journal: "Solar Cooking".
UNIT 9: Types of Clothing
- Unit Goals: Make comparisons. Explain preferences. Talk about clothing materials. Evaluate quality and value
- Grammar: Comparatives. Superlatives
- Vocabulary: Clothing. Descriptive adjectives. Clothing materials
- Listening: Focused listening: Shoe shopping
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Talking about clothes. Shopping- at the store and online. Rising and falling intonation
- Reading: "Silk- the Queen of Textiles".
- Writing: Writing about buying clothes
- Vídeo Journal: "How your T-shirt Can Make a Difference".
UNIT 10: Lifestyles
- Unit Goals: Give advice on healthy habits. Compare lifestyles. Ask about lifestyles. Evaluate your lifestyle
- Grammar: Modals- could, ought to, should, must, have to. Questions with how
- Vocabulary: Healthy and unhealthy habits. Compound adjectives
- Listening: General speaking: personal lifestyles
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Discussing healthy and unhealthy habits . Asking and telling about lifestyles. Should, shouldn't
- Reading: "The Secrets of Long Life".
- Writing: Writing a paragraph about personal lifestyle
- Vídeo Journal: "The Science of Stress".
UNIT 11: Achievements
- Unit Goals: Talk about today's chores. Interview for a job. Talk about personal accomplishments. Discuss humanity's greatest achievements
- Grammar: Present perfect tense. Present perfect tense vs. simple past tense
- Vocabulary: Chores. Personal accomplishments
- Listening: Listening for general understanding and specific details: A job interview
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Interviewing for a job. Catching up with a friend. Reduced form of have
- Reading: "Humanity's Greatest Achievements".
- Writing: Writing about achievements
- Vídeo Journal: "Spacewalk".
UNIT 12: Consequences
- Unit Goals: Talk about managing your money. Make choices on how to spend your money. Talk about cause and effect. Evaluate money and happiness
- Grammar: Real conditionals (also called the First conditional).
- Vocabulary: Personal finance. Animals. Animal habitats
- Listening: Listening for specific details: At a travel agency. Listening for key information
- Speaking and Pronunciation: Making decisions about spending money. Talking about important environmental issues. Intonation, sentence stress
- Reading: TED TALKS "Michael Norton: How to Buy Happiness".
- Writing: Write about cause and effect. Writing strategy: Make suggestions
- Vídeo Journal: "The Missing Snows of Kilimanjaro".
- - Contenido del material:
- - Libro del Alumno: WORLD ENGLISH 1 con CD interactivo
- - Workbook: WORLD ENGLISH 1.
- - Libro de gramática con CD de ejercicios gramaticales
- - CD con solucionario del libro del alumno